So we are moving to Texas! I couldn’t be happier and I have been looking forward to writing a post about how much we hated California, but that seems mean. So I am gonna list some of this things I disliked and won’t be missing. I will also at the end try and mention a few things that wouldn’t have happened if we hadn’t lived here.
Okay so here goes……
Reasons I won’t miss California
1. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING is too expensive here. We planned for all the obvious things that we knew would be more expensive. But even with the planning we were not prepared for the cost spike at all. And so we spent all our money just getting by.
2. The food here really isn’t that amazing. For years I heard about the amazing restaurants and blah blah blah. We went to some of these culinary masters and they were eh! The best places are Fidel’s and
Lorna’s Italian kitchen and last but not least sushiya which has a ton of locations!
Sadly those restaurants are one of the only things I will miss.
3. The beaches here are a joke once you have lived in Florida. I’m sure these beaches are great if you are from here or have never seen the miles of sandy perfection that Florida has to offer. Also the water here is cold…like even when it’s 98 degrees outside your lips still turn blue cold.
4. It’s crowded I feel like a sardine in a tin can here. A miserably lonely sardine
5. Which brings me to…the people. No one wants to make a connection here. Unless you are from here and have spent your life here you will probably have trouble making friends. And if you don’t want to spend your time at a bar getting trashed well no one will bother inviting you out EVER!
6. The traffic, but everyone already knew that one.
7. How much you pay to live in such a small place. If you think New York is bad then California is a close second and probably gaining speed. Our house is cute but it is small and it is in a not so great area. So if you had dreams of having a house you could walk around without running into your housemates or the table then think again!!
8. The attitude here. I want to say that not everyone is an entitled snobby jerk here. There are some kind, nice genuine people here. But they are scattered few and far between the million ass hats that have taken up residence here. People are rude. I get elbowed in the store, bumped with shopping carts if someone would like me to move, I have people brush past me when the door is being held open for me and I have people who actual come up to me to get in my business and space. Ugh I need to stop here cause this is the one that sets me off!!
So yeah there are like 100 other reasons I won’t be sad to see this place in my rear view mirror. But I don’t need to be mean and petty. Because this place is home to tons of people who love it and I mean LOOOOOVE it
But there are four things that wouldn’t have happened had we not lived here and I will now share those because well they are way better than all the crap up there
1. I would not have faced and battled and won my fight against depression and anxiety.
2. I would not have quit drinking. I was able to quit drinking because I realized I used it to medicate the above issues. I have never been happier to have a toxic substance out of my home and body. And I could not have done it without my husband.
3. My marriage is STRONG! Like my marriage now makes my marriage before look like a pussy my husband fought my depression with me and by doing that showed me I am the luckiest woman alive and that I can never ever ever stop working and fighting for my marriage because well it is the most amazing thing in my life.
4. And last but not least if all of those things above had not happened I would not be expecting our beautiful baby in just a few months.
So yes I won’t miss Cali, but I am truly glad we came here. It has given me nothing physically that I wanted and it made me a little but poorer financially. But my life is richer for having been here. And I wouldn’t trade the last year of learning for any of the gorgeous sandy beaches in Florida.
Next time I write
I’ll be in Texas